Herbaceous Drinks Recipes
Posted on 23rd June 2020 at 09:36
Non Alcoholic Drinks
1. Boil 1 cup of water in a kettle
2. Place 3-4tbsp of chamomile and mint sprig into a teapot
3. Pour the 1 cup of boiling water over the chamomile and mint and leave to steep for 5 minutes
4. To serve use a mesh strainer and then pour into your mug
Lemon Verbena Gimlet Cocktail
1. Combine 1 cup of water and ¼ cup of sugar into a small saucepan.
2. Rub the Verbena until bruised then add it to the pan.
3. Bring the sugar mixture to boil whilst stirring gently.
4. Cook for 30 seconds then remove the saucepan from the heat.
5. Combine the sugar mixture with ¾ cup of dry gin, ¾ tonic, 2 lime juices.
6. Serve over ice and garnish with some verbena sprigs and lime slices.
Rosemary Gin Fizz Cocktail
1. Combine ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of water into a small saucepan and bring to boil.
2. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat
3. Add 1 rosemary sprig and leave to steep for an hour, then remove the rosemary sprig.
4. Shake ¼ cup of gin, 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tbsp of the rosemary syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
5. Strain into a glass filled with ice.
6. Add 1/3 cup of tonic and garnish with a lemon slice and a rosemary sprig
Lemon Balm Mojito
1. Put 1 sprig of fresh lemon balm (5 leaves) and 1 tsp of sugar into a short glass then muddle these together
2. Add a shot of rum, a squeeze of lime, then fill the glass with some tonic water.
3. Add some ice and stir gently
4. Garnish with some lemon balm leaves
Garden Mint Mojito
1. Muddle together 16 mint leaves and 8 basil leaves with 3 tbsp of sugar, and ½ tsp of fresh ginger.
2. Add 1/2 cup of white rum and 1 ½ oz of lime juice
3. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add this mixture, and shake well
4. Pour into a glass and garnish with some mint leaves
Honey Lemon Thyme Cocktail
1. Place ¼ cup of honey, 6 fresh thyme sprigs, and ¼ cup of water in a saucepan and heat over a medium heat- do not let the mixture boil.
2. Once the honey and the water have combined remove it from the heat and leave it to cool
3. Pour the mixture through a strainer and discard the thyme
4. Combine 1 cup of vodka, 2 cups of fresh lemon juice, and the syrup into a large pitcher.
5. Stir well then pour into glasses filled with ice and garnish with thyme sprigs
Tagged as: Recipes
Share this post: